Voice Broadcasting(Robocall) campaign allows you to call a large number of contacts simultaneously. You may also play your recorded message and let them press - 1 to transfer calls to an agent or ask the caller to leave a message.
Step 1: Create a Voice Broadcasting Campaign
Click on the “Create” button under Voice Broadcast Campaign
Step 2: Setup Live Answer
Live Answer is a message that is played when the call is answered. You can record a custom message including the transfer digits that are available for the receiver. There are two (2) options you can choose for Live Answer:
- Play Audio - Select a pre-recorded/uploaded audio that you want to play to your contacts. To record/upload a new audio click here.
- Text To Speech - Here, you can add personalized text message which will be played to the receiver using text to speech engine in runtime.
Note: You can make use of merge tags in Text to Speech to personalize the message.
Step 3: Adding Transfer
Under Transfers you can select the audio message that will play after the transfer digit is pressed. It should contain a confirmation of the keypress. Like: “Thank you. please hold while your call is transferred to one of our representatives.
3.1 Click on the “Add Transfer” button to add a Transfer digit.
3.2 Set your Transfer Message. You can either use a pre-recorded audio by selecting the “Play Audio” or use a text by selecting the “Text to Speech”.
3.3 Set transfer digit by selecting a digit from the dropdown under “Transfer Digit”.
3.4 Set transfer options. There are four 4 transfer options to meet your requirements:
- Transfer to Phone - You can use this option to transfer the call to a specific number(s). You can add Multiple Numbers separated by commas.
- Record Message - If selected, contact can record the message after pressing a digit.
- Record Message and Create Transcript - If selected, contact can record the message after pressing the digit and the Transcript will also be created for the same. You can check the transcript in transfer results.
- Hang up Immediately - this is used to hang up the call after the Transfer Message is played. Best suited for surveys
Note: Transcription is charged $0.69 per minute.
Step 4: Enable Answering Machine
Voice Broadcast Campaign supports Answering Machine Detection. If the Answering Machine is enabled, the system will automatically drop a voicemail if the call is picked up by a machine.
To enable Answering Machine, just click on the “Enable Answering Machine Detection” button. Here, you choose if you wish to play audio or hang up the call immediately.
If you want to automatically drop voicemails to calls answered by a machine, just click the “Enable Answering Machine Detection” button under “Answering Machine”. Click choose “Play Audio” and select the audio you want to be played for voicemail.
If you want the call to hang up immediately when the call is answered by a machine, just click select “Hang up Immediately”.
Step 5: Enable Do Not Call
Do Not Call contains the message that will play when the DNC digit is pressed. It should contain a confirmation of the keypress. For example: “Thank you. Your number will be removed from our list”
All contacts who pressed digit for Do Not Call will automatically be added on Do Not Call list and the system will not send SMS and calls to that contact in all future campaigns.
To enable the Do Not Call, just click on the “Enable Do Not Call” button.
If you want your contacts to press “8” to be listed in Do Not Call list, just click “Enable Do Not Call” button, click choose either “Play Audio” and select the audio in the drop-down or the “Text to Speech” and enter a message to be played after contacts pressed the digit. Then select the digit “8” under “DNC Digit”.
Step 6: Assign Phonebook
You can assign the phonebook containing all your contacts that you wish to call. Adding multiple phonebooks is also supported.
Note: The phonebook assigned cannot be changed once the campaign setup is finished.
Step 7: Set Caller ID
Caller ID refers to the number that will be displayed to your recipient when the call is made. Only Validated Numbers can be used as a Caller ID for Call Campaigns. You can validate a new number by clicking “Add” beside the Caller ID dropdown.
Apart from that, you have an option to use a Dynamic Caller ID. To know more about Dynamic Caller ID and its usage click here
Step 8: Change Voice Broadcast Name
You can change the name for your Voice Broadcast Campaign.
Step 9: Setup Dialer Settings
There are four 4 settings to set under Dialer Settings. You can see the following details below:
- Frequency - this refers to the number of calls per minute. The default frequency is set to 60 but you can increase it to 120.
- Max Call Duration - This refers to the maximum duration for each call that is connected to the agent when the contacts press the digit to speak to an agent. This number is in seconds, The default duration is set to 1800 seconds but you can increase this to 7200.
- Max Retries - this refers to the number of retries per contact for unanswered calls. The default Max Retries is set to “0” but you can increase it up to 10.
- Time Between Retries - this refers to the time delay in seconds before retrying the contact.
Step 10: Schedule campaign: This is an important section of setting up a campaign. You need to set the START and FINISH date for your campaign, select Daily Operational hours, and can also choose to run a campaign on weekdays or weekends or certain days of the week. You can also choose a Timezone for the campaign.
Timezone Calling: This setting allows you to choose the Timezone of the campaign. If not selected, the Timezone of the account will be applied.
Campaign's timezone - This setting is specific to the campaign. You can choose the timezone under which you wish to run the current campaign. The daily Start and Stop times of the campaign will be calculated on the Timezone selected here.
Call people in their timezone - In the US, there are multiple Timezones and some of the states also have two Timezones. To make sure that your contacts are called in their Timezone, you can check this setting. This setting identifies the Timezone of the user based on the following factors:
- Zipcode of the contact. (if not available)
- State of the contact. (if not available)
- Areacode of the Phone Number.
Zip code and State are checked from the contact record in Phonebook (if added).
Step 11: Finish
Click on the “Finish” button and congratulations, you are ready to start your campaign.