Beginner's guide on how to set up a voice broadcasting campaign on CallHub. Learn about text-to-speech, Press 1 campaigns, and more.
A Voice Broadcasting Campaign allows you to call a large number of contacts simultaneously. You may play a pre-recorded message or use the Text to Speech option to broadcast the audio across to your contacts.
Additionally, you can include the Press - 1 option (Digits 1 to 8 can be used) to transfer a call to an agent or direct the contact to leave a message.
From the CallHub dashboard, you need to click on "Create" under the Voice Broadcast module to start creating a campaign.
Setup Live Answer
Live Answer is a message that the system will play when the call is answered. In addition, you can record a custom message including the transfer digits that are available for the receiver. There are two (2) options you can choose for Live Answer:
- Play Audio - Select a pre-recorded/uploaded audio that you want to play to your contacts. To record/upload new audio, click here.
- Text To Speech - Here, you can add a personalized text message, which will be played to the receiver using text to speech engine in runtime.
Note: You can make use of merge tags in Text to Speech to personalize the message.
Under Transfers, you can select the audio message that will play after the transfer digit is pressed. It should contain a confirmation of the key press. Like: "Thank you. Please hold while your call is transferred to one of our representatives.
Click on the "Add Transfer" button to add a Transfer digit. Post this, set your Transfer Message. You can either use a pre-recorded audio by selecting "Play Audio" or use text by selecting the "Text to Speech" option.
Set a transfer digit by selecting a digit from the dropdown under "Transfer Digit." There are four transfer options to meet your requirements:
- Transfer to Phone number - You can use this option to transfer the call to a specific number(s). You can also add multiple numbers separated by commas. Also, if you wish to transfer the call to a number with an extension, you need to enter the number separated by a semicolon followed by the extension digit. For e.g., if you wish to transfer a call to two numbers, 14158745962 and 13158838817(ext 5), then you need to set it up as in the below image.
- Record Message - If selected, the contact can record the message after pressing a digit.
- Record Message and Create Transcript - If selected, the contact can record the message after pressing the digit, and the Transcript will also be created for the same. You can check the Transcript in the transfer results.
- Hang up Immediately - This is used to hang up the call after the Transfer Message is played. Best suited for surveys.
Note: Transcription is charged at $0.69 per minute.
Do Not Call
Do Not Call contains the message that will play when the DNC digit is pressed. It should include a confirmation of the key press. For example: "Thank you. Your number will be removed from our list."
All contacts who pressed the digit for Do Not Call will automatically be added to the Do Not Call list, and the system will not send SMS and calls to that contact in any future campaigns. To enable the Do Not Call, click on the "Enable Do Not Call" button.
Voice Broadcast Campaign supports Answering Machine Detection. If the Answering Machine is enabled, the system will automatically drop a voicemail if a machine picks up the call.
To enable Answering Machine, click on the "Enable Answering Machine Detection" button. Here, you choose if you wish to play audio or hang up the call immediately. If you want to drop voicemails to calls answered by a machine automatically, click the "Enable Answering Machine Detection" button under "Answering Machine." Next, choose "Play Audio" and select the audio you want to be played for voicemail.
If you want the call to hang up immediately when a machine answers the call, click select "Hang up Immediately."
Assign Contact list(s)
You can assign the Contact list containing all the contacts that you wish to call. Adding multiple contact lists is also supported. Here, you may also choose the DNC settings for the campaign. Click here to know more about the DNC feature.
Note: You cannot change the contact list once you have finished setting up the campaign. If you have selected the wrong contact list or want to add another, you can instead duplicate your campaign by clicking on the "Duplicate" button. Learn how to duplicate a campaign.
Add a name for the campaign. Post this, you need to set up a Caller ID. Caller ID is the number that will be displayed to your recipient when the call is made. Apart from Validated Numbers, Dynamic Caller ID can be used as a Caller ID for Voice Broadcast Campaigns.
You can validate a new number by clicking "Add" beside the Caller ID dropdown. To know more about Dynamic Caller ID and its usage, click here.
There are three options under Dialer Settings. You can see the following details below:
- Frequency - This refers to the number of calls per minute. The default frequency is set to 60 in the system.
- Max Retries per contact - This refers to the number of retries per contact for unanswered calls. The default Max Retries is set to "0," but you can increase it up to 10.
- Time delay between Retries - This refers to the time delay in seconds before retrying the contact.
- Max Call Duration: This is the maximum duration a call can be active on the campaign.
Schedule campaign: This is a crucial section of setting up a campaign. You need to set the START and FINISH date for your campaign, select Daily Operational hours, and can also choose to run a campaign on weekdays or weekends, or certain days of the week. You can also choose a Timezone for the campaign.
Timezone Calling: This setting allows you to choose the timezone of the campaign. If not selected, the timezone of the account will be applied.
Campaign's Timezone - This setting is specific to the campaign. You can choose the timezone under which you wish to run the current campaign. The daily Start and Stop times of the campaign will be calculated in the timezone selected here.
Call people in their timezone - In the US, there are multiple Timezones, and some states also have two Timezones. To make sure that your contacts are called in their timezone, you can check this setting. This setting identifies the timezone of the user based on the following factors:
- Zipcode of the contact. (if not available,)
- State of the contact. (if not available,)
- Areacode of the Phone Number.
Zip code and State are checked from the contact record in contact list (if added).
Once you have set up the schedule for the campaign, you can click on Finish and Start to start making calls.