DNC (Do not contact) list helps you store all contacts you do not want to contact. Know how to add numbers manually or in bulk.
The DNC list can be used in 2 ways:
- DNC as a suppression list
- DNC as an Opt-out list
We will discuss this later in the article. Let's have a look at how to add numbers to DNC first.
Manually add numbers to DNC via CSV file or individually
Let's say you have a list of voters who do not want to be contacted via calls or by SMS and have registered themself to the Do not call registry with the government. Then, as a campaign manager, you can upload this list in CallHub, to ensure that you do not send SMS to these numbers. The manager can add this list to CallHub in the following ways:
Upload the list of numbers in DNC.
- Click DNC Button available in the left panel.
- Click the "Import DNC" button to upload the list of numbers.
- Here, you need to select the file (CSV format) and the country of the numbers you wish to upload.
Upload a Single number to the DNC list.
- Click the "Add" button to add a number individually.
- Choose the list to which you wish to add the number and enter the number.
The system allows you to use DNC in two ways. Although the first step is hardcoded in the system and needs to be followed, the second step is a choice for the campaign managers and can be set up based on their requirements.
DNC as an Opt-out list
DNC List allows you to store opt-outs from contacts who no longer wish to receive calls and text messages from you. They can be added directly to DNC while the campaign is running. Contacts get added to DNC in the following ways:
- If a contact has sent an SMS reply with a DNC keyword (Stop, Unsubscribe, Cancel, Stop all, End or Quit).
- An agent can manually move a contact to DNC by clicking the "OPT-out" button from the Peer to Peer campaign.
- An Agent can select call disposition (Bad number or DNC) from a Call Center campaign.
DNC as a suppression list
The CallHub system allows you to exclude contacts from being called or texted in a campaign with the help of certain scenarios.
While setting up a campaign, as a campaign manager, you can choose not to call or message the contacts who are most likely Litigators or Cellphone numbers. Once you have set up the campaign, the system checks against all the contacts in the Contact list to filter Litigators or Cellphones.