Answering machine detection feature helps you determine if the calls are connected to a human or an answering machine. AMD helps agents have real conversation with humans and improve conversions.
Answering Machine Detection (AMD) is a technology included in dialers meant to screen out calls that get sent to voicemail inboxes. It detects whether or not there is a live call based on 3 main principles:
- Background noise associated with a pre-recorded message
- Long strings of words such as “Hello, I am sorry I missed your call. Please leave a message…”
- A live caller saying something similar to “Hello, hello?” followed by a post-greeting silence
How does Answering Machine Detection work in CallHub?
AMD comes in place after the call is connected/answered and before the call is bridged to the contact. AMD system takes into account certain principles to determine if the call is connected to a human or an answering machine which typically takes 1-2 seconds. Based on the detection, you can achieve the following two scenarios in CallHub:
- If the call is picked by the machine, the system can be configured to drops the pre-recorded audio file allowing the agent to move to the next call thus saving time for the agent instead of waiting for the beep and clicking on "Drop Voicemail" manually.
- You can also choose to hang up the call if the answering machine is detected.
How to enable AMD on my campaign?
Answering machine detection is available on Call Center campaigns with the Auto and Predictive Dialer. It needs to be enabled from the "Targeting" section of your Call Center campaign. You need to select the "Automatically Detect answering machines" checkbox to enable AMD on your campaign.
You need to make sure that the Answering Machine Audio is selected after enabling AMD, if you choose to play a pre-recorded audio file. Click here to know how to upload an audio to your CallHub dashboard.
Don't see this option in your account?
Please send an email to [email protected] if you don't see this option for your account. We will work with you to make sure you get this feature in your account.
Please let us know if you have any questions in the comments section. Happy Calling!