The Telephone consumer protection act (TCPA) limits the use of automated dialing systems, voice and text messages to consumers in the United States without prior consent.
Any individual or organization forbidding the law will be fined anywhere above $500/call for the number of calls made or texts sent.
Important guidelines to be followed before calling people in the US:
- Prohibits callers from calling residences before 8 AM or after 9 PM, local time.
- Requires callers to maintain a "do-not-call" (DNC) list of consumers. The DNC request must be honored for five years.
- Requires callers to provide their name, the name of the person or entity on whose behalf the call is being made, and a telephone number or address at which that person or entity may be contacted.
- Prohibits solicitations from residences that use an artificial voice or a recording.
- Prohibits any call made using automated telephone or any artificial or prerecorded voice to an emergency line i.e., 911, a hospital emergency number, a physician's office, a hospital or healthcare facility, a cellular device, or any service which the recipient is charged for the call.
TCPA at CallHub:
Call center software - Do not call mobile numbers
Under the TCPA, it's is against policy to call mobile numbers through an Automated Telephone Dialing System (ATDS). CallHub has a phone number verification tool that helps you identify mobile numbers in your phonebook. You can then weed them out and make sure that your call center campaigns are TCPA compliant.
Collective calling - Manually dialing numbers
CallHub gives you the ability to dial numbers keeping your campaign TCPA compliant manually. Set up a Collective Calling campaign and ask agents or volunteers to manually dial the numbers assigned to them by CallHub, using their own physical devices. The agents will record the notes and surveys recorded through CallHub in a compliant manner for all the calls assigned.
Do Not Call List:
CallHub has an option to add a DNC option to your campaigns. Whether it be a voice broadcasting campaign, an SMS marketing message, or a Call Center campaign, a contact can choose to be added to your DNC list. Once added, the contact will never be called or texted again through CallHub.
Call Center - Monitor Agents:
In CallHub, you can record all calls and monitor call center agents during calls. Maintain TCPA compliance by ensuring that your agents do not go outside the script and possibly break TCPA regulation.
Note: CallHub adds necessary features to comply with the regulations, and users should note this to avoid being penalized while running the campaigns.
Any doubts or queries, send us an email at email@example.com, and we will be glad to answer them.
Happy and Safe Campaigning, Folks! :)