The contact did not receive your call? No worries, we have got that covered for you. Now you can retry the contacts based on the dispositions. In this article, we will talk about how retries work in CallHub
- Contacts in retry - Contacts that are waiting to be added after the retry interval time that has been set while creating a campaign.
- Retry Attempt - Count of retry cycle contact is in. For example - If all subscribers get contacted once, and we start to call contact, which is marked to be retried, then it will be shown under Retry attempts.
How do retries work?
1. For example, if the 'Max Retry' is set to 3, each number that is added for a retry will be retried 3 times. Once the retries are completed, they will no longer be contacted. You can add contacts to the Contact List, and it would not hamper the retries setting.
2. In case you even set up a Retry, the system will call each contact in the Contact List first and then retry calling the contacts that were marked for Retries.
3. The 'Attempt' basically means how many times the contacts have been retried. For example, The max retry is set to 3. After calling all the contacts in the Contact List, the system will start calling the contacts that have been set for retries. Now, for the first iteration, the system will try to call all the contacts that are set to retry. So, the "Attempt" will be shown as 1st. If let's say a few contacts still did not answer the call in the first iteration, the system will call them again in the second iteration. Now, under the "Attempt" section, the system will display the attempt as 2nd.
What happens if I add new contacts to the contact list?
You can add contacts to the Contact List, and it will not affect the retries setting.
What happens if I change the number of retries and the retry interval in between the retry cycle?
In this case, the system will retry the contacts that are already added to the retry (before the changes) based on the previous retry settings. Only the newer contacts added to the retry queue will be called based on the new retry settings.
Note: Changing the retry interval and number of retries in between the campaigns will not change the retry settings for all the contacts added to the retry.