CallHub system allows users to make calls to their contacts using the Browser connection preference. While there can be compatibility issues, there are instances where you run into issues with the sound quality.
We have put down a few things you need to check with the connection at your end.
No audio or one-way audio
- If the call is connected correctly and you face issues with hearing the receiver's voice, we recommend you check the microphone set up on your device. One-way audio usually happens if the hardware is not correctly connected or selected at either end.
- Try connecting spare earplugs to see if it is a faulty hardware issue.
Calls cutting out intermittently
The browser calls required a high, stable, and low latency connection. If you are facing this issue, it is most likely possible that one of the factors is affecting your internet connection. Therefore, we recommend you follow the below steps to resolve the issue.
- Perform a test at www.speedtest.net to test the speed, ping, and jitter rate.
- Avoid data transfer, video streaming, etc., on the same network or internet connection while making calls. This results in a faint voice from the other side or disturbances while you’re talking.
- Preferably use Ethernet(Wired connection) and not WiFi, as the wireless connection is susceptible to jitter, packet loss and can hamper the call quality.
- Move close to the router or the connection if you need to connect to WiFi.
Choppy Distorted Audio
- Use a headset/earplugs instead of a built-in microphone. Allow the Chrome browser to access your media devices when prompted.
- Reduce ambient noise such as nearby speakers, fans, or frequency-related devices. This helps reduce the maximum amount of distortion on calls.
- Adjust the microphone's distance from the mouth - too close can cause audio clipping or maybe too loud and noisy.
We have incorporated a feature to let the callers know about unstable connections at their end while making calls. This will help take the necessary steps to resolve the issue and move forward.