About Peer to Peer Texting
- Send batches of templated text messages, with volunteers having real conversations with the recipients, and record data based on their responses.
- Text message people who haven’t opted in without breaking regulations. Import surveys, event RSVPs and tags from your CRM.
- Use Peer to Peer Texting for GOTV, volunteer recruitment, event invites, fundraising or supporter engagement.
Peer to Peer texting involves both the admin account and the agent account. We will discuss both of them in this write-up.
Step 1: Create Peer to Peer Campaign
1.1 On Dashboard locate Peer to Peer campaign tile and click the "Create" button.
1.2: Setting up the campaign begins with naming the campaign.
1.3: Script which includes an initial message and survey questions.
You may enter your message and personalize them using merge tags. Personalized messages get higher response rates and engagement. Click on the Merge tag option to find the list of tags available for the campaign. You can know more about merge tags here.
Please note that the Standard SMS contains at most 160 ASCII characters or 70 Unicode characters. If you exceed the limit, you will be charged for 2 SMS.
1.4. You can use survey questions to collect data from users regarding your event. You can add Multi-Choice, Text or numeric questions.
1.5 For quick responses for incoming messages, you have an option to add saved replies. Your Agents/volunteers can choose and send these standard replies to contacts.
Link Phonebook and Select Caller ID for your campaign.
2.1. The next step is to link Phonebook(s) with your campaign.
Note: You can add multiple phonebooks while creating the campaign.
2.2. Caller ID refers to the phone number that your contacts will see when you send messages.
You have three options while setting up Caller ID, Automatically Rent a Number or Validated and previously rented number.
- Automatically Rent a Number: With this selection, you can choose the country from which you want to rent the number for sending out messages through your campaign.
- Previously rented number: You have the option to use existing numbers for your account by choosing the existing number from the dropdown.
Note: Please note that if the rented number does not show in the dropdown, it means that you have a campaign running with the same number. You need to stop the campaign first, before you can reuse the same number (previously rented number).
- Adaptive Texting Block: Adaptive Texting Block helps users to configure their campaigns for outreach rate, handle local presence and effective management of rented sender IDs. You may read more about Adaptive texting here.
3.1 You may add a message for your agents to tell them about your expectations with the current campaign.
3.2 Assign agents: Here, you can choose to Assign All Agents, or Select Agents to add them to the campaign or skip the step to Assign agents later. You can also check our article on how to register an agent for a call center campaign from this link.
Note: Assign All agents option will add any newly created agent to the campaign by default. So if you haven't created any agent accounts, you could go with this option.
This is an important section of setting up a campaign. You need to set the START and FINISH date for your campaign, select Daily Operational hours and can also choose to run a campaign on weekdays or weekends or certain days of the week.
That's it, click Finish and you're set!